The largest ever Made in the Midlands exhibition proved to be a record-breaker in more ways that one for the membership organisation.
More than 200 exhibitors took part in the event at Coventry’s Ricoh Arena, with hundreds of visitors - including many buyers and other decision makers - joining them.
Several visitors were so impressed by what they saw that they agreed to join the MIM ranks on the spot - testament to the growing strength and influence of this unique network.
The new members are:
- Apreco Ltd (Bronze), based at Bishops Frome Technology Park, Bishops Frome, Worcester. Apreco, headed by managing director Mike Hodges, is a market leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of pressure relief vents, air pressure stabilisers and environmental monitoring.
- Winster Ltd (Bronze), of PDH Industrial Estate, Neachells Lane, Willenhall. Head by managing director Val Gardner, the company supplies industrial hose and assemblies to a range of sectors, plus a range of gardenware.
- Measurement Solutions (Bronze), of Royal Scot Road, Derby. Established by managing director Iain Caville in 1998, the company provides high quality metrology systems and services to sectors including automotive and aerospace.
- Fablink UK (Bronze), based in Wolverhampton, the company supplies products ranging from light steel metal pressings and assemblies through to more complex products such as tanks, cabs and chassis. Customers include CAT, DAF, JCB, Kion, Perkins and Terex. Headed by CEO Richard Westley, the firm has annual sales of £40m.
- Staysafe PPE Ltd (Silver), of Alveley Workshops, Alveley Industrial Estate, Bridgnorth. The company, represented by business manager Denise Brinton, recycles gloves and personal protection equipment.
- Eggleston Steel Ltd (Silver), based at Centurion Way Business Park, Alfreton Rd, Derby. Headed by managing director Richard Hewitt, the steel stockist provides a various forms of seel plus associated services, together with a CAB design service.
- KMB Shipping Group (Silver), of West Wing, Castlemill, Birmingham is a freight forwarding business. The company is represented by Paul Hull, European & Marketing Director.
Jason Ptt, CEO, Made in the Midlands said: “This year’s expo was certainly a big event and it created quite a stir with visitors but to have such a variety of strong companies sign up to the MIM FAMILY on the day was very encouraging and it was testament to a great occasion and the growing strength of the MIM network.
“We hope that many more will follow their example and if any firms are interested in joining the MIM network then they should contact us to find out more details.”